Friday, February 28, 2014




March 1, 2014
Time Well Spent
One hundred years from now it will not matter 
What kind of house I lived in, How much money I had, Nor what my clothes were like.
But the world may be a little better
Because I was important in the life of a Child (author unknown)


Obtaining my M.S. in Early Childhood Studies has brought about many positive changes. Personally, I know more about myself as a human, parent, friend and teacher. Issues that may have interested me in the past, now create a burning passion within to be a leader that facilitates in creating positive changes concerning the well-being of young children and high-quality early learning centers for all.

As my journey to obtain a Master's Degree in Early Childhood Studies comes to an end, I am thankful for the strong support I received from my fellow classmates and instructors. Throughout the journey, whenever I needed help with ideas or academic struggles it was my classmates and instructors that helped inspire me and encourage me to look at issues in ways I may never have done. The interactions I received were uplifting and made me feel connected to a group of professionals that shared many of my dreams and goals for young children around the world. It was exciting to learn about places other classmates lived and realize that in many ways we all share the same struggles and want to improve early childhood education for everyone.

To my classmates, I wish you all the best as you leave this chapter of your life and soon begin a new one. One that entitles you to make a difference, create changes and lead others. The children of this world need all of us to be their voice and help make it a better place to live, grow, and learn for everyone. We have made that commitment and I look forward to learning about what all we have accomplished over the next few years.

To my instructors who are passionate about their jobs and truly believe in what they do- Thank-you!!!! Many of my classes had instructors that seemed not only like the "teacher", but also like a friend. This type of relationship made it enjoyable and kept me motivated and pushing onward. Dr. Teri- your style of teaching is what I consider an "art". You hold high-expectations and yet make yourself available on a personable level to help each and every student meet those expectations and beyond. I can only hope to carry forth your style and methods as I move ahead in my career.

My contact information is- Donna DiMillio-tutugardenmail@yahoo.com (www.tutugarden.com). Please stay in touch. I would love to hear about projects involving early childhood that any of you may become involved with. New ideas and funny quotes always make my day too!!!! 

Good Luck & God Bless You All,

Donna

1 comment:

  1. Dear Donna,
    I must say you are a wonderful person and I have learnt from you. Your comments and thoughts were very insightful and truly reflect your passion for children. I would also like to appreciate the fact that you were always willing to help and offer assistance as much as possible through your suggestions. Thank you very much for all your contributions – they made a difference in my capstone. I wish you all the very best in all your endeavors. God bless you and make your dreams come true for you.

    Adesoye

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Tucson, AZ, United States